Just A Thought...

The purpose of my blog is to share a few of my thoughts with you. This idea came after having a deep discussion with my daughter one day. She felt that I had a gift worth sharing with you and suggested I start my own blog. So I'm not here to judge anyone or tell you how to live your life, I just want to give you something positive to think about in an attempt to uplift you while you may be going through. "May you live as long as you like and have all you like as long as you live." ~Anonymous

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Words, again

I am sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile. I have really been soul searching. I want to write what the Lord puts on my heart. The purpose of this blog is to build up and not tear down. So this morning after meditation and listening to Bill Winston preach, I think I have something to share. I want to talk about one of my favorite subjects, "Words." Whether we believe it or not, we are the product of our words. Words are a powerful force. Proverbs 18:20-21(Amp) says "A man's (mora1) self shall be filled with the fruit of his mouth; and with the consequence of his words he must be satisfied(whether good or evil). Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it (for death or life). Wow!! Our words can bring life or death to us or our situation. Solomon says we are to be satisfied with the consequences of our words. Ouch! I don't want to be satisfied with "broke or "sickness!" I want everything the Word says I can have. I want my words to put me over and not under. Yes, there are other contributing factors to our lives. People talk and say things that hurt us. But God gave us a solution to that problem in Isaiah 54:17. It cancels all negative and destructive words spoken against us. But what about what we are saying about ourselves and our situation? We have power in our mouths to change our world. I once heard a televangelist say blessings come our way every day but our mouths can turn them from us. That's powerful! Once I received what he was saying, I starting changing my confession. I started saying things like "This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 I also starting saying what Deuteronomy 28:1-14 says about me. I refuse to chase my blessings away. God wants us bless. He tells us to call those things that are not as though they were. Romans 4:17 Call for financial blessings if you need them. Call your spouse blessed and highly favored. Call your children blessed. Whatever you need, you have the power in your mouth. You can never go wrong saying what God says. His Word is the final authority. It is already settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 You have to line yourself up with the Word. You can't say anything and expect a different result. You can't say, "I'm broke" and expect to be rich. You are working against yourself like the Scribes and Pharisees. They were always trying to trap Jesus. But what they were really doing were trapping themselves. In Matthew 12:33-37, Jesus says, "Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. Brood of vipers! How can you being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." If you are a Christian, then talk like a Christian. A true believer is going to say what God says. The Pharisees looked like they had it together but didn't. Don't Walk the Walk, if you are not going to Talk the Talk!!! Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. What's in you will come out of you, faith or fear. The choice is up to you. Change your words and you will change your world. Just a thought...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home