Just A Thought...

The purpose of my blog is to share a few of my thoughts with you. This idea came after having a deep discussion with my daughter one day. She felt that I had a gift worth sharing with you and suggested I start my own blog. So I'm not here to judge anyone or tell you how to live your life, I just want to give you something positive to think about in an attempt to uplift you while you may be going through. "May you live as long as you like and have all you like as long as you live." ~Anonymous

Saturday, February 6, 2010

A word to the women

Are you a "good thing?" If you are married, you know the scripture I am referring too. If you are not married, and want to get married, you need to familiarize yourself with this scripture. In the book of Proverbs, Solomon states that when a man finds a wife, he finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. Proverb 18:22 Let's break down this verse. When a man finds- this connotes a man looking for something. As a woman, we need to be in position to be found. We are not to go looking for a man. I know we all at one time or another pursued a man but that is not the biblical way. God wants the man to be the hunter. The next part says a "wife". What is a wife? The Webster's pocket dictionary says "a married female." Of course that doesn't tell me anything. There are a lot of married females out there. A great description of a wife is found in Proverbs 31:10-31. All women, married or not, should be a Proverbs 31 woman. This woman has her husbands best interest at heart. She puts herself last and her family first. Her worth is far above rubies. She is priceless in my opinion. We are priceless. Never ever sell yourself short. Back to Proverbs 18:21, he finds a good thing and obtain favor from the Lord. You are a good thing to your husband. If you are not married, dedicate your heart to God. Be a "good thing" for Him. When the appointed time for marriage, He will lead you to the right place to be found. A good thing pursues the heart of God. She wants to obey God. She desires to please God. She wants intimacy with God. Married or not, God is the one we should be pleasing. When we please Him, we will please our spouses. It takes work to be your husband's good thing but that is who you are. You need to refer to yourself as his good thing. He gets a reward for choosing you. He obtains favor from the Lord. I have started speaking this scripture to God. God promises the man favor because of his "good thing." Women listen up--YOU ARE A GOOD THING!! Live like it. Talk like it. Act like it. I know marriages or relationships in general are not easy. Rely on God to help you. He knows each individual person. I can only speak for the woman. We have to really show our husbands love and respect. We are not in competition with them. We are to complement them. I heard this quote once and liked it. A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that the man has to seek God before he can have her. Wow!!! What a profound statement? The man that is pursuing you should first be pursuing God. Prepare yourself, woman of God. God called you a "good thing." He wants to give your husband favor because of you. You first have to give your all to God before you can give your all to your husband or future husband. You are a GOOD THING!!! Just a thought.....

1 Comments:

  • At February 8, 2010 at 5:43 AM , Blogger LaTanchila said...

    I Like:} I will give "A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that the man has to seek God before he can have her." two snaps up and a twist. lol And yes I do FEEL YOU, a man that is pursuing you should be pursuing God!!! Man that was a powerful thought. Keep up with your thoughts because it does help me throughout my work days... Keep me busy:} Thanks

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home